In this episode, we’re talking to Vaughan Roberts. Vaughan is a pastor at St Ebbe’s Church Oxford, where he has been for 30 years. He also speaks at Christian events and has written a number of books, including True Friendship and Battles Christians Face. He loves sport, mostly watching it these days, although he does still play tennis and golf.
Vaughan shares his experiences of coming out as same-sex attracted and what he’s learned about sharing personal experiences with others. He explores whether it’s wise for all same-sex attracted Christians to come out, and some things to think about when we do share with others. We also discuss friendship and what Song of Songs can teach us about intimacy with Christ.
- Should All Same-Sex Attracted Christians Come Out? Vaughan Roberts
- True Friendship Vaughan Roberts
- Song of Songs 1:1-2:7 – “Better than wine” Vaughan Roberts
- Song of Songs 2:8-3:5 – “The season of singing” Vaughan Roberts
- Song of Songs 3:6-5:1 – “You have stolen my heart” Vaughan Roberts
- Song of Songs 5:2-6:3 – “Faint with love” Vaughan Roberts
- Song of Songs 6:4-8:14 – “Come away, my beloved” Vaughan Roberts