The team discuss how we should we respond when we get invited to a gay wedding and whether it makes a difference if the couple are Christians. They also ponder whether this is something that Christians can agree to disagree on, how we can communicate our decision to the couple, and some of the missional considerations.
Resources mentioned and related
- Should I Go to a Gay Wedding? Anne Witton
- What's Wrong With a Permanent, Faithful, Stable Same-Sex Sexual Relationship? Ed Shaw
- Should a Christian Wear a Rainbow Lanyard? Ed Shaw
- Should I attend a Gay Wedding? Phil Barnett
- Should I Attend the Wedding of a Gay Friend or Family Member? Peter Ould, Eve Tushnet, Lisa Severine Nolland and Sherif Girgis