The team critique our cultural idolatry of sex and romance, which has also pervaded the church. We talk about why the assumption that sex is vital for human flourishing is so damaging and look at the impact it has on friendship, singleness and marriage.
We see how the Bible challenges our cultural obsession with sex and explore how we can foster deep, non-sexual intimacy with God and others in Christian community.
Resources mentioned and related
- The Plausibility Problem Ed Shaw
- The Plausibility Problem: A Review Steve Ward
- Have You Been Intimate with Anyone Recently? Andrew Bunt
- How Can You Live Life Without Sex? Ed Shaw
- Power in the Mundane Andrew Bunt
- Jesus on Friendship Andrew Bunt
- Made for Friendship Drew Hunter
- Made for Friendship: A Review Natalie Williams
- True Friendship Vaughan Roberts
- True Friendship: A Review Stuart Ferguson
- Longing for Intimacy Amy Riordan
- Longing for Intimacy: A Review Anne Witton